Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Panama City Beach

While Dave and I were visiting his parents in Atlanta we took a trip down to Florida. We had never been so we were excited tosee what the beaches were like. After church Sunday we drove about 6 hours south to Panama City Beach. It was a long drive but definitely worth it! Dave's parents have some friends who loaned us their condo for a few days and it was so nice to be staying right on the beach. We sat out on their balcony and looked out at the beautiful ocean.

Both of these pictures were taken from the balcony. The sand was unbelievable! It was so white and probably the softest sand I have ever felt. We enjoyed swimming and laying under the umbrella in our chairs.

These are a few more pictures from our time spent in Florida. One thing I really wanted to see whlie we were there was a sunset on the beach. I was afraid we wouldn't make it, but our last night we walked out of the restaurant where we had dinner and got to see a magnificent sunset. The second picture is in front of the sign of the surf shop where we bought T-shirts. We thought the sign was interesting because the last two lines say, "Life is Short, Live for God."
Our big adventure while in Florida was taking a jet ski tour to swim with dolphins. It was a blast. Unfortunately, there were no dolphins. The storm earlier in the day had sent the fishermen back in which meant the dolphins weren't hanging around their usual spots. Dave and I were the only pair who did actually see a pod of dolphins, but by the time I got in the water they were gone. We had a great time on the jet ski and really enjoyed seeing Dave's parents ride for the first time.

2 comments:

Jason & Casey said...

Hi there! I didn't know you guys were in Panama City!! How fun! I love it there. You guys look so cute in the pics. :) -Case

Stacey Ratliff said...

Howdy- I stumbled across this post while researching Panama City Beach. I think I might have known you/known of you from AFC years ago?? Anyway- I want to take my little girl on a dolphin waverunner tour and wondered if you had any info or advice.
Thanks and Gig 'em!-
Stacey Salter Ratliff '01
staceyleigh2@hotmail.com