Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 20, 2007

photography

Dave and I bought a digital camera before we went to Europe last summer. I had been wanting a camera that would take good pictures so we decided to get one before we went and I just knew I would use it when we got back, also. Sometimes I will be driving down the road and I will see something that I think is photo worthy. Of course, I don't have my camera with me at the time so I miss the great photo opportunity. Needless to say, I haven't used the camera as often as I thought I would. This summer I decided that was going to change. I pulled out the manuel that accompanied the camera and I have been looking at a book I bought a while back called The Joy of Digital Photography. I decided I was going to bring a piece of our backyard into our dining room. I got a picture in my head of what I wanted and used these two photography resources to make that picture into a reality. Here is the finished product....


Neither of these pictures really shows how fabulous the finished product really is. I am not one to brag, but...they really do look great. Yes, I said they were taken in our own backyard. Dave and I both love hibiscus flowers, so we have 5 different types in our yard. I only have photos of these 3 because the other 2 have not cooperated this summer. The only time either has bloomed was while we were out of town. It is kind of neat to see these pictures up in our house and to know that I took them. Now it is time to decide what my next project is going to be--I will let you know how that goes.

3 comments:

cdjenkins said...

They look awesome! There definitely is something very satisfying with knowing you have MADE something instead of just buying it. Way to go! Can't wait for more pictures!

Amberly said...

Awesome photos, Julia!! You are very creative... something I wish I was! (By the way, I love your blog & I love reading about you & David. It's so great to catch up on your lives. Give my cousin a hug for me & you guys plan a trip to the Philippines. You can mark it off your list! Seriously, we would LOVE to have you here!!)

Love you!

Jason & Casey said...

Wow! That looks great! I'm so impressed. Those flowers are in your backyard? Wow, they're gorgeous! :)