Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas in New York

We had a great Christmas! Dave and I met his parents and went to New York. We got to see the sights, go to a Broadway show, and have a little fun! It was an experience we won't soon forget. It was a fun-filled four days.
Here we are our first morning getting into our limo. We requested a cab to take us from our hotel near the airport in Queens to our hotel in Manhattan. We were a little surprised to walk outside and find a limo awaiting. We aren't really sure what happened, but Dave and I definitely enjoyed our first limo ride.

We rode the Staten Island ferry and got a good view of the statue of liberty. I hope the picture isn't too blurry! It was a cold ride, but well worth it!

Dave and I on the ferry with Lady Liberty in the background.

New York Stock Exchange. Our hotel was near here, and we just happened upon it one evening. All the lights were amazing.


Wicked was amazing! If you are planning on visiting New York, I would completely recommend this show. The first few minutes I was a little skeptical, but it was wonderful! See it!

Times Square. All the lights, all the people....

I enjoyed the Empire State Building. The line was very long, even fairly early in the morning, but the view was fantastic!

Dave and I went ice skating in Central Park. I have not been ice skating in probably 15 years or more, but I held my own. The ice left something to be desired, but we had a great time. Dave was a little more talented than me on the skates. I took the picture of him while he was skating backwards and then he took the picture of me while HE was skating backwards.


We had a great trip, but it is always nice to be back home. We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a blessed 2008!

1 comment:

cdj said...

Well, what a GREAT trip! Sarah and BJ were in New York just before Christmas and may have been there the same time as you! I had a great visit with your sister in Concan New Year's Eve. She looks so good and seems happy...its amazing how much you two are alike (well, at least in your mannerisms and speech). LOVE the hat you are sporting in the pic at Wicked! I have been DYING to see it, too but haven't been able to find any place near us. We were in your soon-to-be new abode today at the dentist and I thought about you as we scooted around. Also, just wanted you to know I was sorry to hear your procedure wasn't successful. Jill and I talked a long time about all of that. We are quickly on your heels with all of that, if things are successful in the next couple of months, so I might be calling you for advice/a shoulder/a rant...etc...! I'm Praying for positives for both of us!!!!