Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Has it been a month?

I can't believe it has been a month since my last post. I guess there has been so much going on and none of it really good, I haven't really felt like posting. Long story short, we are not moving to W. F. anymore. I am so disappointed for Dave. It was an amazing opportunity and he was heartbroken when it didn't work out, but I guess God has other plans. Things have slowed down. Dave is back home and working for a steel construction business owned by one of our good friend's dad. Yeah, that is a huge change for Dave. He knows nothing about steel or construction, but he is learning. We really don't know what the future holds. We had actually talked with the realtor before Dave moved back home. We met with her but haven't been able to decide what we are going to do. We both really want to be out of here. Over the last few months we have had such a bad experience here that we are ready to go, even if it isn't far. We may just move 15-20 miles, but at least we will be in a new city and can start over to some degree.

I have decided to teach at a new elementary school next year, if we are still in this area. My current principal is moving to a new school that is opening and he asked me to go with him. It took me a while to decide. Honestly, when he asked, my mind was already on overload with everything going on with Dave and I wasn't able to really think about it. He came to me several times last week reminding me the time to request the transfer was Friday. I decided at about 5 pm Friday. Up until the moment I submitted the transfer request I was hesitant, but as soon as I did I became very excited about it. Needless to say, with all that is going on here, we could use your prayers! We are ready for a break from all of the "excitement" for a while so we can just relax and not worry about what was going to happen next. On that note, I have a somewhat funny story to tell. Dave came home Friday afternoon. He got off work early and decided to go watch some tennis. When he got home he told me he had something to tell me. My heart immediately dropped into my stomach as all the "news" he has shared with me the last several months came flooding into my mind. My first reaction was, "Oh, no. I don't think I can take anymore." Turns out it wasn't anything bad. In fact, I don't even remember what he told me. I called it a somewhat funny story because we were able to laugh about my reaction after-the-fact. I am afraid it will be a while before my gut reaction is not fear at the mention of "news."

3 comments:

cdj said...

Hi!

Just wanted you to know I did get your message, but it was late by the time we got home from our Sunday school super bowl party so I didn't want to call. I'm going to call you in the next couple of days, though. Also, I didn't know anything about your "news" so my heart was beating so fast when I came in here to see what it was! I see the dr. in Lubbock on the 12th. Talk to you soon!

Amberly said...

Julia, so sorry for everything. I remember when Sam & I were "walking through the valley", it seemed that everyone around us was high on a mountaintop receiving every blessing known to man. It was SO discouraging & frustrating for me! So, I just wanted you to know that you guys are not alone! God has an awesome plan for you guys! Give Dave my love!

Kara Sheets said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.