Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Argh!!

Our (not so) trusty water heater stopped heating water Monday night. We have been without hot water for 4 days. I called and left a message to get a plumber to look at it Tuesday. Dave called me at school Tuesday and said he talked to a guy from work and thought he could replace it himself so he didn't want me to make an appointment to have the plumber come out. He got home Tuesday and went to look at it and quickly changed his mind. I think normally it is a fairly simple thing to do, but we have a water circulator that makes it a little more difficult. So, Wednesday I called the plumber again and set up a time for him to come out this morning. The last few mornings I have been boiling water on the stove and carting it to my bathtub and while I was doing it this morning I thought, "This is the last time I will have to do this. Thank goodness!!" Famous last words....The plumber told me the heating element needed to be replaced and then everything would work fine. Well, when I went to wash the dishes (which have been piling up since Monday night) the water didn't get hot. We have some problems getting the kitchen sink to get very hot so I thought I would do a load of laundry on hot to get the water started that direction and then the sink would get hot. The sink never got hot. Yeah, we still don't have hot water. And, to make matters worse, I washed a load of white towels before I realized this and the water was all rusty from the work that had been done on the water heater. I started running the water in our bathtub and sinks and so much rust came out. I think the towels are ruined. When I called the plumber back at 4:00 I had to leave a message. The receptionist called back a few minutes later and had talked to the plumber. He said to check the breaker and to hit the reset button on the thermostat to see if that would make it work. She also went ahead and set up an appointment for Monday afternoon for him to come back out and look at it. Needless to say, even after checking the breaker and resetting, it looks like we are going to be hot waterless this weekend. Looking back, when she told me he would come back out Monday after 4, I should have said, "No, he needs to come back today after 4." I am not that confrontational, though. I will just grumble about not having a hot shower for the weekend.

1 comment:

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

Back in my younger years I would've said something like, "You should be thankful that you have water!" but now that I am older, wiser, and have lived with Matt for almost six years, I can just say that sucks and I'm sorry! I hope it gets fixed soon! :-)