Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Valley

My good friend, Charla, posted the lyrics to a song that has been an inspiration to her through some tough times. I thought that was a great idea and decided to do the same. Most of you know that Dave and I have had a lot of "stuff" going on the last 6 months. Most of it not very good. We do have hope, though. Hope that God will see us through to better times. Hope that we will be blessed when we have walked through this valley. This song is by Ginny Owens--If you want me to (remix version). Thank you, Amber, for the CD you made with this song on it. It has really reminded me of where my focus should be through everything.

The pathway is broken
The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reasons
Why you brought me here
But just because you love me the way that you do
I'm gonna walk through the valley if you want me to

No I'm not who I was
When I took my fist step
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire if you want me to

And it may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But you never said it would be esay
You only said I'd never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me and I'm all by myself
And I can't hear you answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering that Your love put You through
And I will walk through the darkness if you want me to

Cause when I cross over Jordan
I'm gonna sing and I'm gonna shout
I'm gonna look into your eyes and see you never let me down
So take me on the pathway that leads me home to you
And I will walk through the valley if you want me to

3 comments:

a cowgirl at heart said...

I love those lyrics, Julia. You're right, that is the perfect song for what is so hard to put into words. We are sad, and depressed and down, but at the same time hopeful and anticipating and joyful. Such a strange juxtaposition of feelings. I would never want you to have to go through these things, but I'm so thankful we have each other and that if we do have to go through them, we can do it at the same time and lift each other up.

a cowgirl at heart said...

Praying, praying, praying....

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

I love that song. I have listened to it many times. I've got other good ones too if you wear that one out. I've been praying for you and I will continue to do so.