Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The BIG announcement

I have started this post several times and then stopped because I am (still) at a loss for words. So, here goes...Dave and I are having twins. Believe me, you could not be any more stunned right now than I was when we found out. It is still so hard to believe we will have TWO babies in a matter of about 6 months. We have known for quite a while, but didn't really make a big announcement until last week-I couldn't hide my growing belly anymore! I am 14 weeks and feel great. We won't find out what the babies are for at least 3 more weeks, it could be as long as 7. I don't think the news has really set in, yet. Some days it seems real, but then I think about needing two of everything and it seems a little more unbelievable. I just want to say a big, "Thank you!!" to everyone who has known about this special announcement and have kept it a secret. Dave and I appreciate all your prayers and words of encouragement during the last few months. I know we are going to continue to value them in the weeks, months and years to come!

9 comments:

a cowgirl at heart said...

FINALLY!!!!! You have no idea how many times I check to see if you have made the big announcement so I didn't have to keep my mouth shut ANYMORE!! I actually have really enjoyed knowing about your precious news and not saying anything but I'm glad it's out there now. I am just so happy and excited for you both. And you give me hope for someday being in the same boat! Much love! And I'm now waiting for pics of mommy and that growing belly!

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

YEAH!!! Congrats and thank you for sharing. I can't wait to plan a TWINS SHOWER!!!!!!!

Jill said...

I can't believe you are already in your second trimester!!! It feels like the time is going so fast! You and Dave are gonna be great parents!

sbharris said...

HOLY COW! WHAT! So you totally knew at my shower! Julia, I am literally jumping up and down and have a big smile on my face. I am so so very happy for you and Dave both. I know God has/had such a wonderful plan for you! Keep me posted how everything goes. TWINS....how fun! congrats!

Amber Smith said...

So excited for you!!! Can't wait find out what you are having! Praying for healthy babies!

Amber

Julie P. said...

God has blessed your patience!!! What joy!!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see your belly soon!

Haegelin Family said...

julia, my sister just told me this news and i immediately had to get on your blog to see the big announcement for myself! i can't wipe the smile off of my face! double the blessings - wow. can't wait to see sonogram and tummy pics!
xoxo

Kara Sheets said...

yay! congrats on the great news! i can't believe you have kept it in for this long...you're right, even if your mouth could keep it in, your belly is about to prevent you from keeping it in!

Nate & Terah said...

I am SO excited for you guys! I know you have waited a long time for this, and now...twins! What fun that will be for you. Like Kara...I can't believe you held it in for so long! You MUST post pics of your belly!