Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 8, 2008

Baby update

Well, there really isn't much to update. We had a sonogram today. I am officailly 16 weeks and 5 days. We were not able to find out what we are having--bummer! Dave and I knew the chances weren't very good. My dr. said they don't really look very hard until my 20 week sono, but we were still hoping. I guess we will have to wait a while longer. I wish I had a scanner because we got some really good pictures. We even got a pic. of baby A sucking his/her thumb. It is amazing to me that I have these two little people growing inside of me. It is such a miracle! I am still feeling really good. My doctor told me I am about the size of someone (carrying a single) who is 21 weeks pregnant. If that gives you any idea??? I haven't taken any pictures. I don't really know why we haven't done that. I guess time has just gotten away from me. I will have to get better....Anyway, I will post again when we have more news.

10 comments:

Jill said...

That's interesting how they compare you and your size/growth to someone carrying a single baby. It helps comprehend the effects of carrying 2. What a sweet little thumb sucker....did they get a picture of it?

Amber Smith said...

We love our sweet little thumb sucker (Major). Thumb suckers are such good babies!

Bummer that you didn't find out yet, but I'm glad that everything seems to be going well.

Maybe I should bring my camera to church? We need a group picture...and soon!

Kara Sheets said...

I can't wait to hear the sexes! I am glad you are feeling so good!

Jill said...

I am sad that I won't get to see you guys again before I leave TOMORROW, too!

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

We need to get together!!! Sounds like there is a lot to catch up on and a lot for me to lecture you on!!!! You better not be stressing over that job. I know, I know, it is easier said than done, but your body takes on a lot of that stress before you even realize it. (Obviously, that is just what I think, but that is how I feel like I deal with stress. By the time I really notice I'm stressed, it is out of control.) Anyway, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you and I can't wait for the shower!!!! We need to get to planning, sister!

The Davis Daily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nathan, Kathy, and Elizabeth Phillips said...

Hi Julia!!! I found you through Sami's blog, and wanted to see how you were doing. Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations...it seems like everyone is having a baby...but I am guessing you are having two, right? That is SOO exciting...how are you doing? Twins..wow, was it a surprise? Well, I can keep in touch with you now through the blog. Good luck!

Jacinda said...

okay. I am catching up on your blog, Jill's blog, and Sara's blog tonight after quite a long break. Oh, the things I've missed! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

sbharris said...

I am so glad that things are going so well for you. I can't wait to know what you are having. So happy for you and Dave!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!!! 30 years old...and soon to be a mommy! How fun!

The Dodson Family said...

Hey stranger! Found your blog on Shelly's blog ( long story) Congrats on the babies! I am so excited to hear that news. Keep missing you guys when we have visited Burleson :( Hope to talk to you soon! email me sometime tjdodson1@yahoo.com