Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Seriously???

So, I am walking down the hall at school this morning and my principal, tactful man that he is, says I look like a pumpkin. (And, this was definitely NOT the first comment he has made about my expanding belly!) Granted, I am wearing an orange shirt today but does that seriously seem like a good thing to say to someone? It really didn't bother me but it just really got me thinking about all the inappropriate things people say to pregnant women. That has probably been the most surprising thing about pregnancy for me. In my case, it has been mostly men making these, "Whoa, you're getting huge!" (or some equivalent) comments. But, sometimes women make them, also. I have been guilty of it myself. I can't wait until I am really huge. Oh, the comments I will get then!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

HA!! Oh, I remember those days. Just wait... it gets worse. When I was 30 weeks with the twins, people kept telling me I looked like I was about to pop. "You must be due soon!" "You are huge!" "I don't think you're going to make your due date." All comments that were unnecessary, but people felt the need to open their mouths. And, then after your sweet girls are born... you'll get even MORE comments on twins! I guarantee. They'll ask personal questions on how they were conceived... if they're identical or fraternal (and, yes, I even get this with boy/girl twins!)... comment on how you must have your hands full... how they're glad it's you & not them... all sorts of remarks. It's all worth it, though!

I can't wait!! My twins will finally have more twins in the family!!

Love you both!

The Davis Daily said...

Hi Julia - I just updated myself on your blog, two girls!!! How exciting? I am so happy for you and Dave. How are you feeling? Well, I will have to admit that I am one of those people that make pregnant remarks. However, I do try and watch what I say.

Jen said...

My favorite comments received... 1."Oh, you're having twins!" (I wasn't.) 2."How many are in there?" (Just one.) 3."Any day now, huh?" (Was still 3 months away.)

And they were all made by women. :)