Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Philippians 4:6,7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Have you ever had one of those moments when you see a scripture for the "first time" even though you have probably read it a hundred times before? I have read these verses too many times to count, but they never touched my heart like they have in the last couple of weeks. They just held a message that was vital for me to learn in light of all that is happening in my life at the moment. I read these verses a couple of weeks ago in a Bible study I was doing and then in a book I was reading a few days later. I really got to thinking about it and it has stuck with me ever since. It is important for me to remember that, while there may be events in my life that could cause anxiety, all I need to do is pray about it and be thankful for the abundant blessings God has bestowed on me, even through difficult circumstances. He will be there waiting to hold me up and comfort me. Today, thinking about all the what-ifs, I don't understand how I am not going out of my mind with anxiety. It is something my human mind will never comprehend. It is so much greater than me. I know it is not just Dave and I praying for these babies. We are so grateful for the prayers being offered on our behalf by family, friends, and strangers. We are definitely feeling the peace of God work in our lives everyday!

4 comments:

Kara Sheets said...

we are praying that things are improving. keep us updated- we really want to know! i wish we were going to be in that area for thanksgiving, but we wont : /
we would love to visit with yall, but just know that for now we are thinking and praying for you and those precious girls every day.

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

AMEN! Still praying. Call me and let me know after your Doc's appointment tomorrow. Or I'll just call you. :-)

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

Libby prays for her cousins and Aunt Julia, we all do. Hope your stay in the hospital goes smooth. I hope to come see you soon. Keep those girls in a few more weeks. Stay strong. love you.

Courtney said...

Julia- I am praying for you and your sweet girls! Praise the Lord for His abundant Peace!!! Courtney