Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

30 Weeks!!

Well, we made it to 30 weeks. A huge milestone that I didn't think was possible 4 weeks ago. I had a sonogram yesterday morning and the girls look good. They are both measuring between 30 and 31 weeks and each weigh about 3.5 pounds. So, I have about 7 pounds of baby in me right now. I don't have any real recent pictures, but here are a few older pics for your viewing pleasure!


This was my last morning of freedom as Dave and I were leaving for my doctor's appt. I haven't been home since!


Dave and I celebrating Thanksgiving in the hospital.

Several people have asked about the nursery. No, it is not finished. We actually have quite a bit left to do, but I know it will all come together. Our house is not very big and the nursery is definitely not very big so we don't have a lot of space for too much furniture. Once we got both of the cribs put together we realized there really isn't room for much more furniture. We do have two tall bookcases in there and I am planning on getting baskets for the shelves to use as storage, but, other than that, nothing else will fit. We have decided to skip the changing table and dresser because we don't feel they are essentials at this point, and there is no room.

The cribs and bedding are adorable, don't ya think?










Dave and I are so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers sent up on behalf of us and our girls. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful, supportive family and friends surrounding us. We know that God has very specific plans for us. We are just waiting for those plans to be revealed.

9 comments:

a cowgirl at heart said...

I've been DYING for an update! You look GREAT and congratulations on holding out for so long! You're amazing, truly! Can I call you while you're in the hospital? Can I call on your cell? If so, I would love to chat with ya!

Julie P. said...

your bedding is soooooo cute!!! I've been praying for you and the girls daily. Keep up the updates!

Amber Smith said...

I've been wondering about you! I was saying a prayer of thanksgiving on Wednesday as I knew you had reached this very important milestone! We continue to pray for you and those sweet girls! Thanks for the update. We love you!

sbharris said...

yea for the update! You look fabulous! I love how happy you look too! the bedding is super cute! you, dave, and the girls are in my prayers!!!

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

What cute pics!!!!! So the whole thing about twins sleeping in the same crib is a no-go? I think that is something they did in the old days, but probably not advisable today. The bedding IS adorable! Are the cribs black? I couldn't quite tell, but Avery's "big-girl" room is going to have a black crib in it. I got my phone back, so I'll call you later!

aggiejenn@ReflectingHim said...

SO glad you made it to 30 weeks! Keep going girls!! You do look great. :-)

The Dodson Family said...

I was excited to see your post, 30 weeks what a joy!

Jill said...

You look so cute with that belly, I wish I was there to give it a good rub! I'm so glad that you have made it this far with those sweet babies in there and continue to do so well, prayer is an awesome thing, huh? I love you and I'm so proud of you. Hang in there, mama!

Becca Noble said...

Julia...I have been thinking about you and your precious girls. You are truly amazing and look great...wow, 30 weeks with twins and still look incredible! Hopefully they will stay put for a little while longer. I love the bedding!
Many thoughts and prayers~Becca