Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Holidays from the Hospital!

Yeah, yeah! It is about time I updated. I would like to say that I have just been so busy I haven't had time, but that is not the case. I have been laying in a hospital bed since Tuesday. Yep, I went into my weekly appt. last Tuesday and doc told me I was going to be staying for a while. My cervix had completely thinned and I had started dilating (sp?) to 3/4 cm. My water is sitting right on my cervix and Baby A's cord is down low and will deliver first. So, I will be having a c-section because of the complications delivering the cord would cause.

I will be 29 weeks on Wed. and right now we are really hoping to make it to 30 weeks. My body seems to have a mind of it's own and hasn't been responding to treatment as well as I would like, but I know that God can do anything. I am really trying to remember that and not get too discouraged when changes continue to happen. I know that it is by God's grace that we have made it this far! Please pray for the development of our girls. I know the doctors know so much these days and have so much technology to help babies born this early. It would be such a blessing for these babies to be born as developed as possible. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. Dave and I couldn't ask for anything more!!

It has been a busy week. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, lots of family and friends have been able to come visit. I have really appreciated all the visits and goodies that you have all brought. I have so much junk food to snack on, I don't know if I will ever get it all eaten!!! You are all such a huge encouragement to me and I love each of you dearly!

5 comments:

Kara Sheets said...

we saw dave at the game and heard you were in the hospital. it stinks that you have to be there, but i guess you are very close to the best care for you and the girls. we are praying for your family, and hoping that the girls stay put for as long as possible! love you guys!

Jill said...

Hang in there!! I know it's hard being there day in and day out, but you are doing great. It will all pay off when you have those sweet girls all bundled up in your arms and you can't stop kissing them and telling them how much you love them! You are gonna be a great mommy! I can't wait to see you.

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

Okay, so I'm the worst friend ever and I'm about to e-mail you. I don't have your number memorized and my slider phone quit sliding and so I couldn't get to the keys. The in-store replacement policy that I purchased made me send my phone off. It has actually been quite nice not having a phone, but I have SO been meaning to call you and chat. I hope things are well...I'm going to e-mail you right now so I don't share my bid-ness with the rest of your blog audience. :-)

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

Maybe I won't e-mail you because I don't have that address either!!!!! I'm so frustrated. Anyway, this last week has been rough. I'm exhausted from taking care of my two babes...Matt and Avery. He had strep and I've been running myself ragged keeping up with those two and the holidays. Excuses, excuses...but that is why I haven't called. I'll try to call Harris tomorrow and chat. Hope all is well. Thinking of you and praying for you DAILY!

aggiejenn@ReflectingHim said...

Hope you're doing well, Julia. And praying those babies last as long as possible past 30 weeks!