Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

They're Here!!!

It has been a crazy week around our house. Our girls arrived last Friday evening. It was definitely a surprise to Mommy because there was nothing unusual going on all day, then all of a sudden, it was time! Gracelyn Joy and Ellie Jenay made their miraculous appearance at 5:54 and 5:55 December 19. They are just beautiful and progressing really well. They were only 31 weeks and 2 days gestation, but they have definitely held their own in the neonatal ICU. Ellie had some trouble breathing initially and had to be put on a bubble C-Pap, but she is already off that and breathing fine on her own. Gracelyn had a bout with Apnea, but it looks like that has resolved itself, also. Dave and I love going to see our girls everyday, but it makes it hard to get anything else accomplished. We are just so excited to have them here we aren't very motivated to do much besides spend time with them. I am sure we are going to drive all the nurses crazy before all is said and done!!


Gracelyn's first picture. Dave got to go see both of the girls in the operating room shortly after they were born.


Ellie's first photo, also still in the operating room.


This is Ellie hanging out in her isolette. She usually isn't this wide awake but her mouth is almost always hanging open!


Gracelyn is dressed in "real" clothes for the first time. The nurses try to keep their clothes layered to help them maintain their own body temperature. Doesn't she look precious in her floral gown?


We got to take a family photo on Christmas Eve. That was the first time the girls have been near each other since they were born. I thought this one was precious. Both girls have their eyes open just taking in the world around them.

It has been a long journey for us to make it to today. We have not walked it alone. Dave and I have felt all the prayers, love, and support from so many people. I don't know how we would have made it through some of those days if it had not been for our family and friends. Seeing how so many responded while I was on bedrest was such a growing experience for me. A huge "Thank you" to everyone who lifted our family up in prayer. It is by God's grace that our girls are here and as healthy as they are.

10 comments:

Haley said...

CONGRATULATIONS! They are beautiful and I love their names! Good luck with everything...we will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Happy Holidays!

Terah said...

Congratulations, Dave and Julia! I am so glad your girls are here safely...they are precious. I've been checking every day to see an update, so I'm thrilled with your blessing!

Julie P. said...

Oh my goodness! What precious pictures of your darlings! I am praying for you and your incredible journey ahead raising these two precious princesses! Love the names too! Healthy and beautiful! Your best Christmas gifts ever!

Amberly said...

Julia, I am so excited for you & Dave! The fun is truly just beginning!! Cherish it all as it will fly by so quickly. We love you guys!

sbharris said...

They Are precious. Congrats. The great christmas gift yet. You are going to be great parents. Y'all will continue to be in our prayers! Love the names. Payton can't wait to meet them.

Jill said...

Precious! But what else is to be expected from such good looking parents??? I love Gracelyn and Ellie and the whole Galloway family!

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

Oh my goodness they are soo CUTE! And the DO look alike! What little miracles! I am headed to the mountains tomorrow, but I'll call you when I get back. I can't wait to see those two little angels in person! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Marsel and family said...

Congratulations on your two beautiful blessings!

Amber Smith said...

They are SO precious! I love all of those pics with their eyes wide open! Such a blessing!

Haegelin Family said...

HOORAY! i was so happy when i got on your blog and saw that the girls had arrived and are doing ok! i will pray for ellie... please keep us posted on her progress. congratulations on becoming a parent to two beautiful girls. what fun you are all going to have together!