Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Woo Hoo!

Dave took me on my first wheelchair ride this afternoon. The doctor gave the OK a couple of days ago, but Dave has worked so late the last few nights, we hadn't been able to go out for a spin. It was oddly exhilarating! I never thought I would get so excited about a wheelchair ride, but I really was!! I guess it has something to do with the fact that I have only seen outside my room on one occasion in my two and a half week stay here at the hospital. I went about 3 doors down the other day for my sonogram. Other than that, I have been in my room 24/7. I know this is the best thing for our girls right now and I will do anything I can to keep them growing in my belly as long as possible, but it will be nice to get out of here for 20 minutes every day!!! We took some photos to commemorate our first outing.


Here we are at the conclusion of my first big night out! We really had a lot of fun. I think next time we go we will do a little more exploring. This time, Dave just showed me around the part of the hospital he knows--the part he travels to and from my room on a daily basis. We tried to go see the newborns on the second floor, but either there weren't any, or we were looking in the wrong place!


Here I am--30 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I compared this picture to the one I posted the other day and I can't believe how much I have grown in 2 and 1/2 weeks!! I am sure the girls just hit a growth spurt, right?!?!



Nothing has really changed with me. I am still having contractions sporadically throughout the day. As long as I don't have more than about 6 in an hour they don't worry too much about them. They have gradually become a little more painful, but I know they are nothing like the "real" thing! They won't examine me again until I let them know that something has changed or is happening. I think this has kind of helped me stay optimistic. All I can do at this point is pray and believe that everything is OK. I guess it is just a waiting game. I will keep you posted.

6 comments:

a cowgirl at heart said...

Way to go, Momma! I'm so proud of you! Hey, where should I mail any goodies, books, etc..., just to your house or what? I just can't wait (but I WILL) to meet those two beautiful girls! One of the first things I thought when I saw you and Dave together for the first time was, "Man they are gonna have some CUTE kids!" I will pray specifically for a few more weeks in the oven! Love you!

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

Now THAT'S what I call a date night!...A stroll around the hospital in a wheelchair! Just kidding! I think it is so sweet that you got to get out and that you are so patient for your little babies! It is SOO worth it. You (already have been I'm sure) will be blessed beyond measure with those two! Keep cooking little ones!

aggiejenn@ReflectingHim said...

I'm so glad you were able to get out a little bit...anything to break the monotony, right? :-) And you don't see many newborns in the nursery at hospitals anymore because most of them are "rooming in" with their mommies. Our boys were in the nursery in the early morning for the doctor check-up, and then periodically in the middle of the night so mommy could sleep a little and not strain my c-sectioned tummy to try and look in their bassinet to make sure they were still breathing!

Keep up the good work, mom!

Amber Smith said...

You look so CUTE! So glad that you got to have a wheelchair ride, if only for a little bit. So funny! Josh and I had the biggest laugh over your little milestone. I am so glad that you are doing so well. We continue to pray...

Terah said...

Yea for you! We are still praying that those baby girls will just stay put a little while longer. Merry Christmas to you and Dave!

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

Love those jammies. My mom said your mom bought some just like those but in another color. I was hoping you liked them. Hope you liked the socks too. I can't wait to see the girls. Love you.