Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 23, 2009

5 Weeks Old

Gracelyn and Ellie are five weeks old today. It has been an exciting five weeks to say the least. We do have both girls home now. Gracelyn came home 2 weeks ago and Ellie came home this past Sunday, 5 days ago. They are both doing fantastic! We went to the pediatrician yesterday and Gracelyn now weighs 6 lbs, 7 oz and Ellie weighs 5 lbs. 4 oz. The dr. could still hear Ellie's PDA, but we are still hoping it will close on its own. That is still a definite possibility.

My mom came to stay with us the day Gracelyn came home and she just went home yesterday. So, I am keeping the girls all by myself today for the first time. We are doing pretty well. They are both "sleeping" in their bouncy seats right now. I say sleeping, but they are making a lot of noise. I seriously think they are already talking to each other. It is so fun to hear, unless it is 4 in the morning when they decide to have one of these conversations.
Gracelyn and Ellie LOVE sleeping together. I wish it was safe for them to sleep like this all the time because they sleep so soundly when they are next to each other.
Ellie after her first bath at home.

Gracelyn after her first bath at home.

11 comments:

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

They are precious! I can't wait to get my hands on them. Glad to hear you are doing well w/ both of them. I can't imagine having two newborns to take care of. You're amazing!

a cowgirl at heart said...

Oh, I can't wait to meet them! They are SO sweet, Julia...and beautiful, oh my goodness! Great job...;)

Thanks so much for the sweet message you left the other day!

We are doing really well, actually and I am convinced it is because of the heartfelt prayers being lifted up for us, daily!

Kara Sheets said...

i am glad that they are home! they are too precious

The Davis Daily said...

They are absolutely precious, and I am so glad that they are both home and healthy.

Suzanne said...

they are so precious!!! what beautiful baby girls! julia, i'm SO excited for you!!!

sbharris said...

Yea! I am so glad that they are home! Julia they are precious. such a blessing!!! Payton wants to meet her new friends. I would to drive up and visit soon!

Amy L. Jackson said...

They are so beautiful! I cannot wait to see them...sorry I missed you last week. We have been puny the past week--think the worst is over. I am going STIR CRAZY at home with a 2 year old! She is running around right now singing a song with no set tune and making up her own words! Cute, I guess, if it was not ALL THE TIME!

For the girls to be fraternal...I cannot believe how much they look alike. I know you all are in LOVE! Isn't it amazing what a baby can do to you, and for you all... times 2!

Take care, and let us know if you need anything.
THanks for keeping us posted!

Love,
The Jacksons

Shelly Kacsmaryk said...

THEY ARE SOO STINKING CUTE!

Terah said...

So glad you guys are all home together now. The girls are just precious.

Haegelin Family said...

welcome home, girls! i was so happy to get on here today and see the updated pictures. we have been praying for your sweeties and you guys as well. keep the pictures coming!

M KD Wilson said...

I'm sooo glad to hear that everything is going well and you are adjusting! I can't imagine having 2 at the same time...and I heard about that Cali woman having 8! Best of luck to all four of you and keep in touch!