Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Terrible Wife

I always said once I had kids I was NOT going to turn into one of "those" moms who couldn't talk about anything except her kids. Well, I haven't posted in a LONG time because I have turned into one of "those" moms!!! I haven't had anything else to tell you about because all I do all day everyday is stay at home with the girls! Until something very, very sad happened. I am ashamed to admit it, but here goes. My wonderful, loving husband had a birthday Feb. 6. I knew I wasn't going to get him a present because I don't do any shopping these days. (I guess I could get on the internet but I am too afraid of someone stealing important information.) So, since there wasn't going to be a gift I decided to make him an extra special cake. His birthday came and I told him of my intentions, but I was just too busy that day. His birthday went and I was just too exhausted. Then the next day the girls were really fussy and I didn't have the patience for anything else. It went on like this for almost a month. Finally, last Sunday afternoon Dave went in the kitchen and started making his own birthday cake!!!! Of course, I felt terrible so I got up and went to help him. It turned out delicious and we had a good time making it together, but he was not supposed to have to do any of the work. I think he realized it wasn't going to get made if he didn't go do it. At some point I told him that next year I am just going to buy a boxed cake so it will be easier to make. Surely I will get things together before Ellie and Gracelyn start having birthdays. How sad would that be if I had to say, "Sorry girls. You don't get a cake on your first birthday because mommy is too tired." No, that can't happen!

No comments: