Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just some cute pics for Nana!

Gracelyn and Ellie


Ellie




Gracelyn

We have started smiling! Ellie started about mid-March and Gracelyn really just started this week. It is still hard to catch her with the camera. Each smile brings so much joy, it is hard to explain.
But, sometimes I find myself wishing for the next thing to start. In February I remember thinking, "Oh, I just wish they would smile at me so I know they know who I am." Now I catch myself just wanting to hear that first real laugh. I know this will probably continue throughout their childhood and beyond. I am really trying to remind myself to live in the moment and cherish the memories we are making today. These girls are growing up so fast. They will never have such purely innocent smiles again. And, I know there will come a day, probably during those much anticipated teenage years, when I will look back and long for them to just lay on the bed grinning and cooing instead of rolling their eyes and talking back!! Contentment is a hard thing to come by!

5 comments:

Jill said...

http://www.graciousmay.com/

Here is where I was telling you about the shoes.

Cute pictures. Keep them coming. I love seeing those sweet faces!

Jonetta said...

They are beautiful girls! Love the new look on your blog page, too!

sbharris said...

jules they are so precious! Payton is looking forward to playing with them sometime soon! Good luck at work! I will be thinking about you! thanks for the new pictures!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Sorry to seem like a stalker, but I saw your comment on the quads' blog about missing the NICU reunion. I work at harris in the NICU. If you want to be invited, we do this every year! You just need to send a note to the hospital to the NICU with your address and ask to be put on the list for invitations. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have gotten one, but that will help. Your baby girls are precious!!!

Juli Beth

Ledbetter Fam said...

Ok! I know who you are now. Sarah told me about you guys. I work night shift. I did check in on your babies when I was there, but never got to meet you guys. I'm glad to see your little girls are doing well and that y'all are enjoying them!

Juli Beth