Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sleeping through the night?

Ellie

Gracelyn


On Tuesday night when Ellie woke up in the middle of the night to eat. I put her bottle in to get warm and then took her to Dave. I told him he could feed her and I would get up with Gracelyn when she woke up. Imagine my surprise when the next thing I know it is getting light outside. Yep, you guessed it, Gracelyn slept through the night. I couldn't believe it. Dave and I still got up during the night because Ellie woke up, but it was a step in the right direction. Similar story last night. Ellie woke up around 4, I got up to warm her bottle, only I didn't take her to Dave. I decided to let him sleep and I would wake him up when Gracelyn woke up because I just KNEW she wouldn't go two nights in a row. Only, she did!! AND, after I started warming Ellie's bottle I went and layed back down. Once she is awake she is really good at keeping me awake, too, so I figured I would just lay there a few minutes and then feed her. Well, I woke up at about 5:30 because both girls were starting to fuss a little. I put pacifiers back in and they both slept off and on until about 6:30. Does that count as all night? I am thinking it does!!! Dare I get hopeful?!?!?! I am trying not to get too excited. They are still so little and it has only been two nights, but I am hoping that it continues at least several nights a week. I am going back to school on Monday so a few good nights of sleep would be wonderful!

3 comments:

a cowgirl at heart said...

But even two nights I'm sure made such a difference in your feeling rested and that's a major deal in itself! YAY!

Jill said...

That definitely counts as all night. What big girls! Yeah for progress. Reading this post made me think once again that I cannot imagine taking care of two babies, you are my hero.

Shelly said...

Mark it on the calendar, girl! That counts! And TWO nights??? Get hopeful. You might have 2 steps forward and 1 back, but you are on your way to a consistent full night's rest!