Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Busy, busy

We have been staying pretty busy around here lately! I am wrapping up the school year--my last one for awhile (hopefully forever)! I have a half day tomorrow with my students and then Friday is a work day. I will miss my kids, but I AM READY TO BE FINISHED! I can't wait to get to stay home with Ellie and Gracelyn all the time!



Dave's parents came to visit a couple of weekends ago. Here they are holding Gracelyn and Ellie. We had fun spending time with them! We wish they lived closer so we could see them more often!!



How cute are these onesies?!?!?! My mom got them for me before we found out we were having two girls. When Ellie and Gracelyn first came home from the hospital I remember thinking that there was no way they would fit the girls at 6 months. I thought they would probably be wearing them in the fall. That was before I realized how fast these two little girls were going to grow!!



I have been trying to get the girls to spend a little more time on their tummies lately. When we first started putting them on their tummies they would both just put their faces flat on the floor and whimper. They have both gotten stronger and are able to hold their heads up for a few minutes at a time while on their tummies. Gracelyn is a little better at it than Ellie right now. Here is my big girl showing off how strong she is!


My mom has been keeping the girls since I have been back at work. They love their Grammy and I am SO thankful that she has been here. Her parents and one of her sisters came for a visit yesterday. It was really nice that they were able to come for the day. They stayed long enough for me to get to spend some time with them after I got off work. Here is my granma with Ellie. Then my granpa with Gracelyn and Aunt Janice with Ellie. It was so nice to see all of you. I will give you a call sometime this summer and come for a visit!!



Here are some more sleeping pictures. My sister, the girl's Aunt Jill, gave them these blankets. They are completely attached! They like to cuddle up with their blankies anytime they are going to sleep. They will be squirmy and fussy one minute, but as soon as those blankies touch their faces, their eyes will start to get droopy and they will usually be asleep within minutes.
Ellie


Gracelyn

8 comments:

Jill said...

I have been waiting and waiting for a new post. Yay! They are really adorable, and so wide-eyed now. I'm glad they love their blankies!

Barkley Bunch said...

Getting so big!! You know how we feel about blankets in our house!

Elizabeth said...

They are geting so big! Love the cute thing one and thing two oneies!

Greenland said...

Yay for you being done working...for good!! Staying at home is so rewarding, you will love it! Just know that if you have one off day, the next one will probably be better! Your girls are beautiful...we want to come visit you!!! Email me:) Or, comment on my blog! We want to hold your babies!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I LOVE the onesies! They are precious! Check out my blog...you have an award waiting for you!!

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

The girls are precious. I hope I can come see y'all when I'm in Dallas in a couple of weeks. I'll be with the school, so we'll have to figure something out. Hope I can finally hold my neices!

MereM said...

ok-ADORABLE!!!!!! we were "thing 1 and 2" for our NICU reunion - i still need to post a picture!! E and G are getting so big - they look GREAT! how did the pack-n-plays go??

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

Hey! I'm coming up there Saturday. The girls and I will drive through to go meet Nana and Papa. Then I'll come back that night. Can I possibly stay w/ y'all Saturday and Sunday nights? Let me know.