Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Catch up!

Man, I didn't realize just how much my mom helped me out until she was gone! I am busy from the time I get up until the girls go to bed at night. I feed babies, do laundry, wash bottles, feed babies, fold laundry, wash bottles, grab something quick for lunch, feed babies....You get the idea. I have a few minutes here and there to get on the computer check email or look at a couple of blogs that I faithfully follow, but it is hard to find the time to get my own blog updated. So sorry to those few who follow us faithfully. I haven't been giving you much to follow lately, but I am working on it. I am going to try to catch you up on what we have been doing the last few weeks. I can't believe I have been out of school for three weeks already!!

Gracelyn and Ellie are growing up so fast! They have started rolling over. Gracelyn, especially, just rolls and rolls day and night. She is so funny about it, too. She insists on rolling to her tummy every chance she gets, but still has a hard time rolling from her tummy to her back so she gets really frustrated when she decides she want to be on her back again. I will help her roll over but she immediately rolls back on her tummy. She just likes to make sure I stay busy during the day. She would absolutely hate for me to get bored!

Gracelyn just being cute.


I thought this was so funny. Look at Ellie's legs on top of Gracelyn's. When I laid them in the pack 'n play they were laying next to each other. Ellie just scooted around until she got her legs over to Gracelyn then they just talked and talked with each other.



I have taken the girls up a couple of times to eat lunch with Dave. These pictures are from our second visit. We just had a picnic in the grass at the tennis courts.

Dave holding Gracelyn and Ellie.


Gracelyn loving it outside!


Ellie




Ellie and her Daddy playing.






Ellie and Gracelyn turned 6 months old a little over a week ago. I tried to get some pictures of them on their half birthday. I am afraid this is only the beginning of the drama we may experience with these two! In this first picture, I was a little too slow grabbing the camera to catch Ellie trying to "help" Gracelyn with her bow.


What???? I didn't do anything. Really....


Give me that bow. I will just take it myself!

Mom, aren't you going to do anything to stop this?


Please!


Really, I didn't do anything!


We went to the pediatrician Thursday and things are looking good. Gracelyn is an "ideal" 6 month old size wise and developmentally. She has caught up to normal 6 month olds; normal being full-term. Ellie is still a little small, but she is growing well so the pediatrician is not concerned. Gracelyn now weighs 15 pounds, 14 ounces and is 26 inches long. Both of which put her in the 50th percentile for 6 month olds. Ellie weighs 13 pounds, 9 ounces and is 25 1/2 inches long. She is in the 15th percentile in weight and the 50th percentile for height. It still amazes me how well Ellie and Gracelyn have grown considering how early they were born. I guess that's the power of prayer!!



We went to the cardiologist last week to check Ellie's PDA. We were hoping it had fixed itself, but, unfortunately, it hasn't. It is very small and Dr. H doesn't seem very worried. We are not even going back in to have her checked until Ellie is about 3 years old. There are a few symptoms we will have to keep an eye open for between now and then, but the doctor doesn't really expect us to start having problems now. We had thought that if it hadn't fixed itself by the time she was a year old they would go in and close it through surgery. Apparently, since it is so small and she hasn't had any problems so far, they are hoping that by giving it a couple of extra years it still might heal on it's own. I guess that gives us two more years to pray about it!!


We ate real "food" for the first time today! Well, I guess if you call rice cereal real food. It was definitely an experience! I think Dave and I had more fun than Ellie and Gracelyn, though.

Gracelyn's first bite. Hum, what is this stuff???

Ohhhh, we are going to have some fun with this stuff!

Daddy feeding Gracelyn. Doesn't he look like he is having fun!!

Yuck! I will not eat another bite....

Ok, just one more.


Ellie's first bite. She wasn't too sure about it.

Ugh, what is this stuff?!?!


Um, maybe it is OK.


Hey, let's try this again tomorrow!

4 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Thank you SO much for the update! I LOVE all the pictures! It looks like Gracelyn has blue eyes and Ellie has green? Is that right? They are just precious and I do hope i get to meet them both and see you this summer!

Haley said...

They are just too cute. I want to squeeze those sweet cheeks and I LOVE the legs on top of one another. That is too sweet.

Jill said...

Get bored, ha! I love that first close up of G Baby! They are all really really good, though. I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Elizabeth said...

HA! I totally get your mom leaving thing. I was so shocked at everything I had to do once she went back to work!!! Cute pictures, can't wait to try food with my girls.