Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

7 Years and Counting!!

Tuesday, Dave and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. It was a very low-key day. However, we did our celebrating a week before our actual anniversary. We went to see Coldplay in concert. We had a good time. Coldplay is one of our all-time favorite bands. They played here a few years ago and we decided not to spend the money to go see them. I think we both regretted it so we were not going to let the opportunity pass this time around. It was our anniversary present to each other. We have been looking forward to it since February!

Dave and I sitting on the lawn. Not my favorite venue, but it was relaxing just hanging out on our blanket. The weather was really nice so that helped!



Yeah, that is Coldplay way up there! Can you guess what song this is??? Yep, Yellow. This is still my very fave Coldplay song (along with about 3/4 of the other people there!). Those big huge balloons were full of confetti. They just bounced around the crowd through the whole song and then through part of the next song. Dave got a pretty good pic, don't you think?


Here they are playing an acoustic set in the middle of the lawn. They just walked from the stage up front through the crowd to a small stage set up on the lawn. We still weren't close, at all, but we could see a little better. They played 3 or 4 songs and then walked back up to the stage.


We had a great time. Our friend, Amanda, came and kept the girls, who were asleep the entire time we were gone! We haven't used very many babysitters so it was nice to have someone we really trusted keeping G and E! Thanks, Amanda!!


This Tuesday, the official anniversary, we just had a quiet dinner at home after Ellie and Gracelyn were in bed. Dave got in from work a little bit late so he brought lasagne home. It was yummy! We enjoyed just hanging out, not having to worry about babysitters, crowds, and traffic.


In honor of our 7 years together, I thought I would post 7 facts about my hubby that make him so special. I actually woke up this morning and started thinking about these. He is definitely one of a kind!!


1. Dave is a dreamer! I am not talking little dreams, either. I am talking grand, detailed dreams that have been thought out. One that has been a dream for a loooong time is to own a surf shop. He would love to just pack up and move to the beach and own a surf shop. I guess part of the reason I love this so much about Dave is because I am such a realistic thinker. I don't dream big like Dave, but I love that he does.
2. Dave trusts whole-heartedly in God. Even when we have gone through rough times, he always reminds me that God is going to take care of us. He never doubts that God is by our side.
3. He is a loyal friend. Man, if I wasn't married to this guy I would definitely want to be his friend! Dave's friends are so, so, so important to him. They are like brothers. Dave is always calling his friends to see how things are going, what they are up to, and if there is anything new in their lives. He really cares about his friends like no one I have ever seen!
4. He doesn't take himself too seriously (aka--he is a BIG kid)!!! I remember the first Christmas we were married we went to Las Vegas with my family. Dave was so excited and just wanting to have fun. He was being crazy! I can't even fully describe what he was doing. All I remember is that it involved running, jumping, and twisting down the streets of Las Vegas. I was a little embarrassed, but then I realized that he was just embracing the moment and enjoying it to it's fullest! Dave just informed me that he was "freestyle walking." It is like skateboarding without the skateboard. Apparently, they used to make special shoes for it. (Dave never had a pair.) BTW--He just demonstrated it for me in our living room!!!!
5. Dave is soooo patient (unless he is low on sleep). He just takes things in stride. He is very laid back and doesn't get worked up about things very often.
6. He is a FANTASTIC dad! I am not just saying that because he gets up with Ellie and Gracelyn almost every morning before 7 and lets me get some extra sleep! (That is just a bonus!!) The way he looks at, talks to, and loves those girls is the sweetest thing ever! You should see the way their faces just light up when he gets home from work and starts talking to them. He is already wrapped around their little fingers!
7. He loves me. I don't know of any better way to say it than that. Even when I am being nutty and irrational. He loves me. Even when I am being moody and mean. He loves me. Even when I try and manipulate him into doing something (no, not me....). He loves me. Even when I haven't taken a shower all day and look (and smell) less than my best. He loves me better than I ever thought anyone could.
God blessed me beyond my wildest dreams the day He brought us together. I am so happy to be married to such a wonderful, loving man. Happy Anniversary, Dave!! I love you!!!!!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I'm glad you guys had a good, relaxing anniversary! You are a great couple and are both very lucky to have eachother! I love you both. And I vividly remember the freestyle walking in Vegas!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats!!! What a sweet husband you have!

Terah said...

I just laughed out loud at the image of Dave "freestyle walking." I'm pretty sure I've witnessed this but did not know its name. Happy Anniversary!

Greenland said...

Love this entry...makes me miss you guys! Can't wait to catch up soon!

Amanda Harrison said...

I'm so glad I could be of some assistance on your special day! I love love love your precious baby girls, anytime you need me let me know! :) Glad you two had a good time!

MereM said...

congrats and happy happy anniversary!!!

the girls are getting so big!! they are adorable-as always!

Shelly said...

So sweet. I love that blog. You have a wonderful hubby and precious kids. God is good.

Haegelin Family said...

happy anniversary! what a sweet post!