Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

My First Award

Another SUPER old blog I started in JUNE of last year!!!  Talk about being behind....

I have received my first award as a blogger. Thanks, Charla!! Before I get started I have to tell you that it is a little ironic that this is my first award because, not long ago, Dave and I were talking about how I am not a very passionate person. I will do my best to share with you what I AM passionate about....


5 things I am passionate about


1. Personal growth

There are areas of my personality, if you will, that are not what they should be. I think it is so important to take a good honest look at yourself and find things that you can change to make yourself a better person. I am constantly trying to grow as a Christian. Stretching myself and growing in my faith is a lifelong process that will NEVER be complete. There will always be something that I need to work on to make myself a better person.


2. Prayer

The results of faithful prayer are nothing short of amazing. I have seen them personally and whole-heartedly believe that God works in our lives when we fall to our knees and lay our burdens at His feet. There is nothing more freeing and comforting than being able to talk to God and knowing He can handle my worries and concerns better than I could ever possibly hope to do on my own.


3. Dave

Dave is a man of honor and integrity. He is such a loving and self-sacrificing husband. God truly blessed me beyond my wildest dreams when he sent me Dave. He is my best friend and I am so excited about our future together. My new favorite thing about David is the wonderful father that he is. Gracelyn and Ellie definitely only have eyes for their Daddy. It is so much fun for me to watch him interact with them and see that sweet, sensitive, patient side of him.


4. My girls

Ellie and Gracelyn are such sweet, perfect gifts from God. Motherhood is not exactly all that I expected it to be. It is a lot harder and more exhausting. I have never questioned my ability to do something as much as I question myself as a mother. It is such a huge responsibility and I want to give my girls the best of me everyday! It is so unbelievably worth every frustration, every day!  Motherhood is also more rewarding than I ever thought it would be.  Seeing Ellie and Gracelyn grow, learn, and play is so unbelievable.  I am truly blessed to be their mother.


5. Traveling

I love going to new places, especially foreign countries, and seeing how other people live.  I enjoy learning about other cultures, trying new foods, and experiencing life in other parts of the world.  Planning a trip to a far away place is so exhilarating, but  I also enjoy traveling to new places a little closer to home, especially these days.  I am afraid our foreign travel might get put on hold for a few years as long as we have little rugrats running around.  Shorter flights or destinations than can be reached by car are our new criteria!!


Now for the business of awarding:
1. Put the logo on your blog.

2. Write 5 things you are passionate about apart from blogging, because we all know this thing can consume you.

3. Pass it on to 5 other people.

I want to pass this on to:
Jill
Michelle
Liz
Shelly
Kyley
 
Have fun, ladies!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Well thanks woman!!! How sweet is that! I loved reading your post! I better get caught up too!

Kyley King said...

I loved this post! Especially #1 because I can relate so well! Thanks for the assignment, I get to work on it!