Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

DO try this at home!!!

Back in January I asked for recipe ideas from all of you.  I have received a few that I have tried and enjoyed.  My good friend, Amber, went out of her way to help me out.  She sent me an email with 5 or 6 of her favorite recipes.  I haven't tried all of them, but the ones I have tried have been delicious.  Here is my favorite so far....

Garlic Lime Chicken


1 t salt
¾ t pepper
¼ t cayenne pepper
¼ t paprika
1 t garlic powder
½ t onion powder
½ t thyme
Chicken breasts (The recipe calls for 6. Leftovers?)
2 T butter
2T olive oil
4 T lime juice
½ cup chicken broth


Mix the first 7 ingredients. Pound out the chicken in a Ziploc bag until thin. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of the chicken. Heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and add lime juice and chicken broth to pan. Whisk the mixture around until it is reduced, mixing up the brown bits. Pour over the chicken. Enjoy!

You need to change whatever dinner plans you have tonight and make this instead.  It is that good!  Enjoy

2 comments:

Barkley Bunch said...

That sounds delicicious! I'm am definitely making this when we get back. Thx for sharing!

Haegelin Family said...

hey! thanks for sharing. always looking for something new to do with chicken breasts - tried them a few nights ago and both boys loved them :)