- 3 large eggs
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t grated ginger (omitted)
- 2 C small broccoli florets
- 1 C shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1/2 C sliced celery (omitted)
- 1/2 C sliced red pepper (omitted)
- 1 C sliced snow peas (omitted)
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 C vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 T soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Scramble eggs. Transfer eggs to a clean bowl and set aside.
2. Wipe skillet clean and add oil. Heat over medium-high heat, add garlic and ginger, and cook 30 seconds. Add broccoli, carrots, celery and red pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add snow peas and yellow squash and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in broth and soy sauce and simmer for 3 minutes, until veggies are crisp-tender. Stir in brown rice, green onions, and scrambled eggs. Reduce heat to low and warm through, about 5 minutes.
Since I omitted so many of the veggies, next time I will probably add more carrots, broccoli, and squash or find other veggies to include. I might also throw in some diced chicken breast with the garlic so it has a little more substance. Dave isn't used to eating meals with no meat so this was a bit of a change for him!
You really need to try this rice! I could not believe how quick and easy it was, and, better yet, my picky eater ate a bowl and a half!!