Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cherished Moments

We had a prayer/blessing for Benjamin at church a couple of weeks ago.  It was a special morning when our entire church family prayed for this special baby and for our entire family.  We are indescribably blessed by our church!  I think Ben knew he was the center of attention and he ate it up.  He was talking at the top of his lungs (which is pretty close to screeching) almost the entire time we were up there! 




I am still putting Ellie and Gracelyn in separate rooms during naptime.  Gracelyn tends to sleep quite a bit longer than Ellie so having them in different rooms allows Ellie the freedom to do this:
when she wakes up.  If you look closely, you can see that she had covered the bunny with her beloved blankie.  I went in there because I heard her talking, but she wasn't very loud or calling for me.  She was just reading to her stuffed animals. 




Ben LOVES his toes!  I guess this is pretty common, but his sisters never played with or chewed on their toes.  This little guy can't get enough of them!



Gracelyn, Ellie and I sat down to dinner the other night.  We were eating pork chops, rice and broccoli.  I was getting forks out of the drawer when Gracelyn said, " I need chops  sticks!"  We had eaten at Pei Wei a few days earlier and we let the girls try chopsticks.  I guess Gracelyn just figured anytime we ate rice we need chopsticks.  She was thoroughly disappointed when I told her we didn't have any chopsticks.




I think I have an aspiring chef in the house.  I am pretty sure this was Gracelyn!  I did have a talk with both girls about how dangerous the stove is and how it can be really hot sometimes.  I am afraid that warning might not be enough to keep two curious little girls away so I have increased my awareness anytime I am cooking!  I look forward to the day when they can help me in the kitchen, though!

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Loved all the updates! I want to see pics of the new house! Hope y'all are doing well! Love all the pics of those precious babies and thank you for posting the lyrics to the song! I needed to hear those desperately! Being a SAHM is THE hardest job I've ever had, but I truly am grateful for every moment. I"m doing a great bible study right now called "When a Woman Chooses to Say Yes to God." It's perfect for mothers of little ones.