Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Savory Saturday

I LOVE using my crockpot!!  Trying to cook at the end of the day when Ellie and Gracelyn need the most attention usually ends in a house that looks like a tornado came through.  The kitchen will be a mess.  The playroom will be a mess.  The girls' room will be a mess.  Ben's room will be a mess.  The living room will be a mess.  I think you get the idea.  They have to stay busy doing something when I am cooking so they like to take every toy from where it belongs and put it on the floor in another room.  Seriously, it is almost like they do it on purpose!  Whenever I plan ahead and can get something in the crockpot in the morning, though, the afternoon/evening goes much easier.  And, by easier I mean neater, quieter, happier....

Pot Roast is probably my favorite thing to make in the crockpot.  Unfortunately, Ellie and Gracelyn don't eat pot roast, but that doesn't stop me from making it from time to time and at least trying to get them to eat it.  My favorite roast so far is this easy pot roast.  I didn't even make gravy. 

Easy Pot Roast
Makes 6 servings

6 potatoes, quartered
6 carrots, sliced
3-3 1/2 lb. chuck roast
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
2-3 T flour (for gravy)
1/4 C cold water (for gravy)

1. Place potatoes and carrots in crockpot.  Add meat. Top with soups.

2. Cover and cook 8-9 hours

3. Gravy--Pour juices from crockpot into a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Mix flour with water until smooth.  Stir into juices in pan until thickened.

Nothing too "special" about this roast, but it is good and it is easy.  And, that is exactly what I like!

What is your favorite crockpot recipe?

No comments: