Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 23, 2011

So Glad I'm Here

Yesterday was a rough day around our house.  Ellie and Gracelyn were into EVERYTHING!  I know, I know, they are 2, they are going to get into everything, but this was more than usual.  I couldn't leave them alone for 30 seconds.  First it was wet red chalk all over the front of their clothes.  Second was play doh in the carpet, Third was syrup ALL OVER Ellie, AND the kitchen table & chairs!  All that by 10 in the morning.  My attitude was in the dumps by the time Dave got home.  Being the supportive husband that he is, he took the girls to Home Depot for a while so I could get myself cleaned up.  Some good friends gave us an mp3, You are my Sunshine by Elizabeth Mitchell, when Ben was born.  I just figured out yesterday how to download it onto our computer and listened to the first song right after Dave and the girls left.  Here are the lyrics to the first song:

I'm so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here everyday
So glad I'm here, you know I'm so glad I'm here, I'm so glad I'm here everyday
I'm gonna sing while I'm here, sing while I'm here, sing while I'm here everyday
Sing while I'm here, gonna sing while I 'm here, sing while I'm here everyday
You know joy brought me here, joy brought me here, joy brought me here here today
Joy brought me here, joy brought me here, joy brought me here here today
And love brought me here, love brought me here, love brought me here here today
Love brought me here, you know love brought me here, love brought me here here today
I'm so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here everyday
So glad I'm here, you know I'm so glad I'm here, I'm so glad I'm here everyday
I'm so glad I'm here here today
You know I'm so glad I'm here here today
I'm so glad I'm here everyday
I'm so glad I'm here everyday

Instead of keeping track of all the things that went wrong yesterday, I need to remember how glad (blessed, thankful, joyful) I am to be right here with these precious children!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sweet. I want to hear that song now, I'm gonna go find it. I love all three of those little angels! And their mom and dad! Tonight was completely unspeakable at mi casa, I mean BAD. But still, glad to be here with these little people of mine. It's gonna be short!!!! Love u!