Girl I so get this!!!! Every once and a while my girlies will do this. It is so nice. They are only doing it for a minute or two but wow I can imagine!!!!
It has been a crazy week and a half with these girls of ours! I have been having contractions, spent 4 hours in the hospital last Thursday being monitored, bedrest Friday, spent the night in the hospital Friday night, bedrest all weekend and went to a specialist today. I was sure Dr. Thigpen was going to give us some good news because I have still been feeling so good. The contractions haven't been painful and the meds I am taking have seemed to slow them, but the news was not good. My cervix is shortening--it is at a 1.1 as of my appointment today. So, strict bedrest for me for the remainder of this pregnancy. I am 26 weeks tomorrow and we are really, really hoping to make it to 30. I have another appointment with Dr. Thigpen next Tuesday and if my cervix has shortened anymore I will be in the hospital for the duration. Sounds exciting, huh? I have been very emotional. I am very hopeful, but the reality is definitely setting in. I am trying not to think about all the things...
Several weeks ago I decided I needed to keep myself busy this summer so I signed up for a Kindergarten Reading Academy. I thought this would be a great way to kick off my productive summer. Yeah, I must have been temporarily insane to think it was a good idea to take a class the first week of my summer vacation. All I want to do is sleep, eat, read, and play with my dogs. I don't want to sit through a class all day. One positive....We got out 2 hours early this afternoon!
Gracelyn and Ellie are five weeks old today. It has been an exciting five weeks to say the least. We do have both girls home now. Gracelyn came home 2 weeks ago and Ellie came home this past Sunday, 5 days ago. They are both doing fantastic! We went to the pediatrician yesterday and Gracelyn now weighs 6 lbs, 7 oz and Ellie weighs 5 lbs. 4 oz. The dr. could still hear Ellie's PDA, but we are still hoping it will close on its own. That is still a definite possibility. My mom came to stay with us the day Gracelyn came home and she just went home yesterday. So, I am keeping the girls all by myself today for the first time. We are doing pretty well. They are both "sleeping" in their bouncy seats right now. I say sleeping, but they are making a lot of noise. I seriously think they are already talking to each other. It is so fun to hear, unless it is 4 in the morning when they decide to have one of these conversations. Gracelyn and Ellie LOVE sleeping together. I wish it was s...
Comments