On Our Knees
It has been a crazy week and a half with these girls of ours! I have been having contractions, spent 4 hours in the hospital last Thursday being monitored, bedrest Friday, spent the night in the hospital Friday night, bedrest all weekend and went to a specialist today. I was sure Dr. Thigpen was going to give us some good news because I have still been feeling so good. The contractions haven't been painful and the meds I am taking have seemed to slow them, but the news was not good. My cervix is shortening--it is at a 1.1 as of my appointment today. So, strict bedrest for me for the remainder of this pregnancy. I am 26 weeks tomorrow and we are really, really hoping to make it to 30. I have another appointment with Dr. Thigpen next Tuesday and if my cervix has shortened anymore I will be in the hospital for the duration. Sounds exciting, huh? I have been very emotional. I am very hopeful, but the reality is definitely setting in. I am trying not to think about all the things...
Comments